Come join us on the lake this Saturday for a great time!
Cleanup Day is this Sat, Oct. 17th, at 9am-Noon (rain date of Sun Oct 18th)
There will be no lunch served at the beach due to COVID-19.
Projects we know about and where you can help:
- Beach/Shoreline : Retrieve rocks out of the lake and place them back where they belong. Renee DelMissier in charge.
- Briar Terrace: Trim vegetation to recreate path down to the pier area. Dan Trahan in charge.
- To drive around with garbage bags and water bottles for distribution.
- For the Maple Park Trail
- Near Deadman’s curve and through to Crescent Dr to haul out dead wood, excess brush
- Schwerman Park? Let me know if you can head up a crew there!
- No work needed in Ravinia Park as we’re waiting for work to begin there by ILM (creek and pond rehabs).
Note, last Saturday two trees were cut down on Highland Dr near the dam as they were diseased.
A new red oak was planted in honor of Nick & Bunny Molsen and will have a carved stone placed with their names engraved when it is finished. It is the first tree along the shoreline when you pull in on Highland Dr.
IMPORTANT: Please place any brush at the curb with the cut ends facing the street to make it easier for Fremont Township to pick up and shred. Please do not pile anything in the streets. The chipper cannot handle anything over 2”, so no logs are allowed.
If you can lead a group in any needed area, please call Jeri Swanson @ 847-507-2760 and leave her a message.
Leaf Pick Up Reminder: The first attempt will be Tuesday Oct 20th. Leaves are to be on your own property at the curb and not in the street by 6am. Since this is the very first time, they are not sure how busy this process will be or when the next pick up will be. Fremont Township will keep us posted.
Thanks in advance!